Re: Unicode and NTLM

From: Christian Hägele <haegele_at_teamviewer.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 17:11:55 +0200

Am 02.07.2012, 11:34 Uhr, schrieb Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:

> 'domlen' is calculated to be the difference between two pointers, but
> yet it
> decodes the domain name from utf8 which could lead the length amount to
> be
> wrong on line 411 "ntlm->identity.Domain[domlen] = TEXT('\0')", can't it?

You are right. If the domain would have Unicode characters the length
would be wrong.
The updated patch addresses this issue and changes the logic of copying
the strings a little bit. Unfortunately I don't see a way to not have one
additional copy of the strings when Unicode is used.
Because of that extra copy the code is a little bit scattered with #ifdefs
and frees.

> (I edited white space slightly so possibly it isn't exactly 411 in your
> version.)

I hope the whitespace-issues are fixed now, too.

Regards,

Christian