Re: warning: ISO C does not support the 'I64' ms_printf length modifier

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 17:26:12 +0200

Hi Guenter,

2012/6/30 Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>:
> IIRC there's also an issue with length specifiers, f.e. '%I64d' gives
> another warning than '%8I64d' ...
> but regardless of the gcc warnings: all these printf formats finally work
> correctly ...
>
> I believe this issue should be entered as bug at the MinGW project ...

It seems like this was reported to the MinGW people before, see the
following post on the mingw-w64-public mailinglist:
http://www.mail-archive.com/mingw-w64-public@lists.sourceforge.net/msg04635.html

If he is correct it seems like the I64 modifier is not ANSI C
compliant and therefore MinGW would be correct about warning about it.

Best regards,
Marc