Re: SSPI/Schannel Config_Literal voting rules

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:06:24 +0200

Hi everyone,

2012/6/28 Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>:
> Yes, yes. I'm certainly in favour of that. Although I want explicit
> approval on this thread from Marc Hoersken in order to interpret his
> proposal in this way, given that his proposal would be affected by
> this.

Of course I would like the proposed literals to fit into the
corresponding configuration scheme. --with-SCHANNEL or
--with-WINDOWS-SSL really doesn't make any sense.

For my proposal this would mean, as you proposed:

[Config_Literal="SCHANNEL"]
configure: --with-schannel
other: WITH_SCHANNEL or ENABLE_SCHANNEL

[Config_Literal="WINDOWS_SSL"]
configure: --with-windows-ssl or --with-winssl (short form,
corresponding to other parameters)
other: WITH_WINDOWS_SSL or ENABLE_WINDOWS_SSL

We have to apply common sense and the logical restrictions applied by
the environment.

Best regards,
Marc