Re: Peer review! SecureTransport (native SSL on iOS/OS X) patch

From: Tim Bannister <isoma_at_jellybaby.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:08:51 +0100

On 25 Jun 2012, at 20:14, Yang Tse wrote:

> I have an "if" in my sentence above there. It reads "returned _IF_ this". So I'm not asseverating there that we must go one way or the other.
>
> From what I've been able to look up it seems to me that libsecurity is indeed a system library code-signed by apple, and updated on users 'devices' nearly at apple's wish with little choice left for user.

It looks to me as it is also available open source, although I don't think many projects would use it except on an Apple OS.

There's libsecurity (and component libraries) and there's also the Security framework (aka com.apple.security). For the Security framework, version numbers are definitely available – see for example http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/Security/Security-55148.1/Info-Security.plist

--
Tim Bannister - +44 7980408788 - isoma_at_jellybaby.net