RE: Windows SSPI Schannel implementation ready

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:49:47 +0100

Hi again,

> > Just out of interest - does that feature still exist and work? How
> > does an end Windows user tell curl to use the currently logged in user?
>
> IIRC you just use ":" as name/password, but I don't know if it still works
> as unfortunately we don't test that in the test suite since that doesn't
> run on Windows... :-/

It seems to work for both smtp and pop3 - if I've tested it correctly! ;-)

curld -v -k --url pop3://mail --user :

Gave me:

< +OK User successfully logged on.
> LIST
< +OK 32 36794182
1 4299
2 1915222
3 1132096

> > Do we need to keep both API and ABI compatibility?
>
> Yes. As much as posssible!

No problem - perhaps something we can add to clean up list for a major
update.

Alternatively, as see SSPI is back on the features list as well...

First was that your intention?
Secondly, if so would that string be better off as SSO for Single Sign On so
GSS-Nego, NTLM, SSL and SSO are features of SSPI ?

Cheers

Steve