RE: Windows SSPI Schannel implementation ready

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:22:21 +0100

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> We added SSPI in the curl output and as a feature bit once
> upon the time partly because libcurl built with SSPI provides
> certain features that libcurl without SSPI doesn't possess (I'm
> thinking of the ability to magically use the logged in user's
> username + password) so a user might in fact want to figure
> out if that ability exists or not.

Just out of interest - does that feature still exist and work? How does an
end Windows user tell curl to use the currently logged in user?

> I hope none of you mind very much that I intend to bring it
> back again?

The purist in me likes to tidy things up and keep things clean - however, I
do understand that APIs need to be kept.

Do we need to keep both API and ABI compatibility?

S.