Re: Re: Configure curl for build with Mozilla LDAP SDK and my version of openssl: LDAPS support became disabled (Daniel Stenberg)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 20:36:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 25 May 2012, slon v sobstvennom palto wrote:

Please stop top-posting and full-quoting. If you intend to respond to emails
on this list, you really shouldn't use digest mode emails. I don't think the
netiquette document leaves a lot of doubt in any of these matters.

> I run 'configure' (curl 7.25) with the next parametrs:
> configure --enable-ldap --enable-ldaps =ldap50

What is that =ldap50 supposed to mean?

> At line 19209 of 'configure' we see:

Can't we instead talk about configure.ac details as that's the file we write.

> if test "$LDAPLIBNAME" ; then
> This is true if we specified something at '--with-ldap-lib' parameter of
> 'configure' script.

Yes, or if you run it on windows without specifying a lib.

> Then at line 19267 we see:
> CURL_DISABLE_LDAPS=1

That's done at three different places in configure.ac.

> This last code line seems to be unconditionally executed if the condition
> from line above is true. It means that if I specify LDAP library with
> '--with-ldap-lib' then LDAPS support will be disabled. Could you please
> assist/comment?

That's not how I read the code. See line 887 and onwards in configure.ac for
something that is much more readable than the gibberish in the generated
configure script.

I'll admit I don't understand the flow the code runs in your case but then I
also don't have the slightest idea about what "Mozilla LDAP SDK" is...