RE: SMTP: multi interface produce wrong error code for unknown recipient

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 23:03:50 +0100

Hi Daniel,

> > Can anyone who is more familiar with the multi interface tell us if
> > smtp_done() is intentionally called even when there is a failure?
>
> Yes it is and it will. See lib/url.c:Curl_done() at around line 5378. It
> will however get the status code and "premature" state passed in
> as argument to enable it to act differently if need be.

Thank you for your quick response.

I've just ran the easy interface to see if the same thing happens and the
function also gets called here as well :)

However, the "if(status)" towards the top of the function catches the
failures which would indicate that the status code isn't being sent through
correctly under the multi interface - is this possible?

S.