Re: Need to speedup curl_easy_perform()

From: Jim Lloyd <jim_at_silvertailsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:18:51 -0700

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:33 AM, amit paliwal <amit.ambitions_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am observing that curl_easy_perfomr() is taking around 600 msec to
> transfer 2500 bytes to the Server. I am using plain HTTP protocol.
>
> I am sure there must be some option that can speed up the operation.

Why are you sure of this? If your client & server will on opposite sides of
the earth and either the client or the server did not support http
keepalive then the total 7 packets required for TCP connection & teardown
would result in almost 600msec of time just due to the speed of light
limitation.

Of course, it may be that your client and server are on the same LAN, but
you didn't tell us that.

You might want to use tcpdump to capture the transaction and then analyze
it in wireshark to see how much of that 600ms is spent with data in flight.
 You will probably get some clues as to where the majority of the time is
spent.