Question about http custom header is used for proxy connection

From: Pingzhong Li <PLi_at_fiberlink.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:23:14 -0400

Hi, expert,

We are using CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER to set some HTTP header for https communications. I found out that those headers are actually used for proxy connection as well. I looked at the code and confirmed it (Curl_add_custom_headers function is shared by both proxy and http). Since connection to proxy is http and those headers won't be encrypted, what if user want to pass some secret information on the https headers?

Is there any way not to append the custom http headers in the proxy connection since proxy connection should not need those custom headers (at least in our case)? Or is there a separate option to specify the custom http header only for proxy connection? From my current reading, I didn't find a way, I just want to confirm my findings here.

Thanks,
Pingzhong

Fiberlink Disclaimer: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.