Re: liberal or strict?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:01:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012, Alessandro Ghedini wrote:

> What about option (2) with an additional "--allow-invalid-url" (and
> equivalent libcurl) option? (if that's possible at all, of course)

I guess that could work, but I think that's the worst alternative since then
we have to support, test and document both versions and yet people will almost
always use the default.

Also, if we would then not "allow invalid urls", wouldn't that imply that we
should increase scrictness in other places where we are still pretty laxed
today? Seems like a slipperly sloap to avoid...