Re: SSL/TLS support using Windows SSPI Schannel API

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 19:15:26 +0200

2012/4/16 Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>:
>> Then over to some pure style nits:
>>
>> 3 - we always put the first brace when declaring functions on column 0
>>

>> 4 - I spotted a case of 'char* name' while we always use 'char *name'
>

> Ok, will fix those.

I have fixed these and pushed the changes to github, see:
3: https://github.com/mback2k/curl/commit/82dfb3baad80952de83f4d0a3cbd6f0be34b035a
4: https://github.com/mback2k/curl/commit/37e9572310fc1b8dc40cd3190adc1a803e5020b5

>> 5 - On many places in the code you use the hardcoded numers 4096 and 2048.
>>    Why those numbers? And why not use defined names for them?
>

> There is basically no reason for these specific numbers. 4096 is the
> initial read buffer size and 2048 is the increase/decrease step size.
> I could certainly use defines for those, but in reality it might be
> even better to remove them and find a way to figure out how many data
> actually needs to be stored. I am currently freeing unneeded space
> after the read process finishes, but there might be a better solution.

I also replaced the static numbers with defined names, see:
5: https://github.com/mback2k/curl/commit/53704849b3c8aecfce5debb6b2b3cf92a22981fa

>> 7 - I'm not a fan of typedef'ed structs. I want code to use 'struct name' when
>>    structs are used instead of just 'name' to make it more obvious to
>>    readers.
>

> I guess you are talking about curl_schannel_cred and
> curl_schannel_ctxt? Sure, that can be easily changed.

Also changed per your request:
7: https://github.com/mback2k/curl/commit/4fcce42998a08badd90637f8723bfb1d294ca307

Attached you will find the corresponding single patches and a patch series.

Best regards,
Marc