Need help building static library on WIndows

From: Stephen Boniello <stephen.boniello_at_perceptivesoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 08:55:17 -0500

I keep on running into errors whenever I try to build libcurl on Windows 7
Enterprise 64bit. I am fairly new to C/C++, so there might be a step I
overlooked.

Here is what I'm doing -

Open up the Microsoft Windows SDK 7.1 command prompt

>setenv /x86 /Release
>cd curl-src\winbuild
>nmake /f makefile.vc mode=static VC=10

The error I get is the following:
libcurl_a.lib(idn_win32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_IdnToA
scii referenced in function _curl_win32_idn_to_ascii
libcurl_a.lib(idn_win32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_IdnToU
nicode referenced in function _curl_win32_ascii_to_idn
..\builds\libcurl-release-static-ipv6-sspi\bin\curl.exe : fatal error
LNK1120: 2
 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0
\VC\Bin\link.exe"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0
\VC\Bin\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

How do I get past this point? Any help would be much appreciated. I also
have downloaded the Microsoft IDN Mitigation APIs - since this seems to be
what the error is, but just downloaded to the default location
(C:\Microsoft IDN Mitigation APIs).

Thanks, Stephen

--
Stephen Boniello
Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Perceptive Software
stephen.boniello_at_perceptivesoftware.com
www.perceptivesoftware.com
+1 913 422 7525 corporate
+1 913 667 8865 direct
+1 913 422 3820 fax
+1 800 941 7460 toll-free
Be informed. Be connected. Be inspired.
Stay Connected with us. [image:
Facebook]<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fperceptivesw&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzcSBuO2regk3u-_HISwogiPZAYumw>
 [image: Twitter]<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitter.com%2Fperceptivesw&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEze3BOFEmvDGDI3QyTblEfXFz0VA-Q>
 [image: LinkdeIN]<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fgroups%3Fgid%3D2912347&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzeUAkuqsh0qPACe05G3GoliRBal3g>
*Inspire: The ImageNow User Conference*
www.perceptivesoftware.com/inspire<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.perceptivesoftware.com%2Finspire&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzeYZs__IQoj3PZuVlureaDIESOj2w>
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy the message and notify sender.
Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.