Re: Issue with partial file transfer

From: Grzegorz Sikorski <engineer.gregor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:30:21 +0200

Thanks Dan, that is all correct. I missed seeking back the input file, and
when I change it, all works fine.

However this is little weird behavior, because I do:
Set_Easy_Opt(pEasyHandle, CURLOPT_SEEKFUNCTION, my_seek);
I checked several cases in the same scenario and after reconnection I see:
1) file handle is set on the beginning of the file, but there is no partial
file on the server => libcurl works fine, whole file is properly uploaded
2) file handle is set on the beginning of the file, partial file is present
on the server side => libcurl works fine, only rest of the file is uploaded
3) file handle is set somewhere in the middle of the file, partial file is
present on the server side => libcurl works fine, only rest of the file is
uploaded
4) file handle is set somewhere in the middle of the file, but there is no
partial file on the server => *libcurl fails because does not seek back the
file pointer*

I know it is OK and might be "by design", but strange is that libcurl has
all needed information: can know actual seek inside the file (I provided
my_seek function) and knows that there is no such file on the server
(response on SIZE request returns error). In my opinion there is at least a
little lack in the documentation, do not you think?

Greg