RE: SSL/TLS support using Windows SSPI Schannel API

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 21:59:14 +0100

Hi All,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 Steve Holme wrote:

> > 2012/4/15 Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>:
> > >
> > > As a minor point I was wondering whether curl's version information
> > > should output the following instead:
> >
> > That's probably a good idea, but it requires changes to parts of
> > libcurl which I haven't seen yet. Maybe someone else can pitch in here
> > and do the required changes or point to the right direction?
>
> I don't jumping in here - It's not an area I know much about but I will
take a look at it.

I should really read what I type before I click the send button as I just
realised that didn't quite make sense ;-)

Anyway I had a go at trying to get the version information for sspi into the
main version string this evening and here is the result:

curl 7.25.1-DEV (x86_64-pc-win32) libcurl/7.25.1-DEV sspi/6.1.7601.17725
Protocols: dict file ftp gopher http imap ldap pop3 rtsp smtp telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate Largefile NTLM

Some of my Curl_sspi_version() function was based on what Marc had already
done but I ended up passing the individual integers through as pointers and
having the function populate these rather than returning a string that had
to be freed. That way I could return a CURLcode when things went wrong such
as CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY etc...

I don't mind doing it either way but this seemed more in keeping with the
curl way of doing things.

I can push this myself but obviously it would break the work you have
already done Marc and you would need to rebase.

Kind Regards

Steve