Re: some CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION callback arguments being flagged as undefined by valgrind

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:19:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012, Bruce Cartland wrote:

> I'm having to use VALGRIND_MAKE_MEM_DEFINED on some values passed to my
> callback by libcurl. If I don't do this, I get hundreds of errors flagged by
> valgrind regarding referencing the indicated values or derived values.

That seems very strange as those valyes are certainly not undefined. Not to
mention that we run all the test cases with valgrind on many machines non-stop
without seeing such warnings.

Make gdb stop at one of those errors and check out the variables in your
backtrace and see for yourself! Maybe I'm wrong...