Re: CMake: fix for Windows x64 build with MSVS Compiler

From: Tetetest <tetetest_at_rambler.ru>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:38:32 +0400

Hello Steve,

SH> However, I do like your "more generic the better" approach. As such I am
SH> wondering, is it possible to use this approach in curlbuild.h and provide
SH> consistency between the two?

Yes, it sure is possible.
The file curlbuild.h.cmake has been generated from curlbuild.h.in, so
at some point if time (IIRC, around libcurl version 7.20.x) they were
identical from the logical point of view.

I use CMake to build libcurl for my projects, and it works identically
for Linux, BSD, and Windows (and Solaris, occasionally).

I had some problems building with CMake on Windows, so my CMake buildchain
is patched. Of course, the patches are applied on all machines,
regardless of their environment, so that I could verify that no errors
have been introduced for non-windows builds.

The 'ULL' fix for Win x64 is the most easy and obvious one, so I
decided to submit it first. There are other changes I that need to be
reviewed and possibly reworked, for they are currently quick and dirty
fixes. I am going to submit them one by one as soon as I put the
patches in good shape.

--
Best regards,
 Tetetest                            mailto:tetetest_at_rambler.ru