Re: Is there anyone building with cmake?

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:35:44 +0100

2012/3/20 Kamil Dudka wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 March 2012 17:32:50 Yang Tse wrote:
>> Non-configure builds such as Windows, NetWare and others must run
>> 'buildconf.bat' when trying to build out of a git checkout. This
>> prepares the checked out source tree for building, copying several
>> files into place which do not exist in the git repo. Notice that
>> hugehelp.c won't be the 'real thing' given that generating it on pure
>> Windows systems is troublesome.
>
> I was not speaking about hugehelp.c. I was speaking about src/config-win32.h.

buildconf.bat creates it...

$ cat buildconf.bat
[...]
copy /Y src\hugehelp.c.cvs src\hugehelp.c
[...]
copy /Y Makefile.dist Makefile
[...]
copy /Y include\curl\curlbuild.h.dist include\curl\curlbuild.h
[...]
copy /Y lib\config-win32.h src\config-win32.h
[...]

>> On the other hand nightly and release tarballs do not include
>> 'buildconf.bat' given that the generated tarballs already have all
>> required files already packed into it, this includes the real big
>> hugehelp.c
>
> So what is responsible for creating src/config-win32.h then? I don't see it
> in configure-based build either. I am building on Linux.

maketgz creates it, among other files, when building tarballs...

$ cat maketgz
[...]
cp lib/curl_config.h.in src/curl_config.h.in
[...]
cp lib/config-win32.h src/config-win32.h
[...]

cmake builds could check if file GIT-INFO exists in order to find out
if it is using a git checkout source tree or a source tree extracted
from a nightly tarball. Depending on the kind of source tree it is
using it will have to copy some files or not.

--
-=[Yang]=-