Re: Re: Reuse conditions of ssh connection?

From: Ellié Computing Open Source Program <opensource_at_elliecomputing.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:16:08 +0100

>From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
>Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:30:13 +0100 (CET)
>On Thu, 15 Mar 2012, Ellié Computing Open Source Program wrote:
>> The scenario is the following:
>> - the user enters valid authentication information (e.g. login/pwd)
>> - libcurl connects correctly
>> - the user finally want to use agent connection or private key (I enter
>> "foo"
>> for the path, "bar" for the password to verify it's really wrong), and
>> want
>> to verify that the new credential are ok
>> - it connects as well :( reusing the previous connection, rather than
> authenticating again
>>
>> where should I search in the code to fix that?
>
>lib/url.c:ConnectionExists() is the function that checks if a new request
>can
>re-use an existing connection. Different credentials like user+password
>should
>certainly not allow a SSH connection to be re-used (although a HTTP
>connection
>can be re-used even with new credentials).

I have a problem, when I try to access check->data members it seems that I
get default values, and not those provided when the original SFTP request
happened. Am I right? [if yes I won't be able to check reusability at all
:( until the true values are there]

should I use another SessionHandle / "data"?

Part of the authentication information is indeed provided inside "data->set"
with the combination of being "statefully authenticated" on the contrary to
most other protocols. I suspect there must be some recycling mechanic which
is not aware of that and cleans all the members a bit too eagerly :(

is there a "trash all recycled connections to that server" call somewhere?
it may be simpler to implement. Though not solving the scenario above, I
admit changing slightly credential is much a matter of GUI only and in a GUI
it is not too hard to issue such a 'trash them all' call.

Regards
Armel