Re: Post using https -- how can I avoid "Content-Length: 0"?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 23:08:41 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012, Jeff Pratt wrote:

> I'm rather new to libcurl.  I need to communicate with a server that wants
> https, but they don't really do authentication (or so they say). It appears
> that I'm connecting to the site successfully but sending only a header:

It looks like you intend to send a multipart formpost to the server? If so,
then I think you should instead use curl_formadd() to add sections to the
formpost and let libcurl create the linked list of 'struct curl_httppost'.

Take a look at this example which does this:
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/postit2.html

> The content I'm trying to send is xml in a flat file... so I'm using
>         curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_READDATA, pf);

... or do you want to pass on the data using some other means? Perhaps just
sending the raw file in the body of the post request?

If you help us specify exactly how you want the data sent I think we can
recommend the correct fix.