Re: Early initialization errors

From: René Berber <rene.berber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 17:12:54 -0600

On 3/7/2012 4:42 PM, René Berber wrote:

>>> I understand, from reading other posts, that the CURLOPT_TIMEOUT which
>>> in this case is set to 30 sec is being divided by 8, so the real
>>> time-out used is 3.75 sec.
>>
>> This particular problem was addressed with commit f4d3c0cbfb648917a0 but
>> it is not yet present in any release. You could try it out though,
>> either by cherry-picking the commit or by running a recent daily
>> snapshot or git build.
>
> I'll test the snapshot.

After 1 day testing the result is not different than before. It looks
like I was wrong, its not a timeout problem, but something else.

I'm seeing those CURLE_FAILED_INIT with varying times from start of the
operation, most errors come at 1 sec, which is strange, but some go as
much as 8 sec, still much less than it takes if I repeat the operation
that failed using curl.

Another clue is that its not always the same host with the 8 IP
addresses, sometimes the same error happens with a host that only has 1
or 2 IPs, but most (10 : 1) of the problems are with the former.

--
René Berber