Re: Apache and libphp

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:04:16 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, Prasanth Madhavan wrote:

> In Apache + PHP + CURL setup, if the libcurl is used to connect to a port,
> how many simultaneous connections are possible from libcurl(php5-curl) to
> the port assuming there are multiple processes waiting for a request to that
> particular port?

libcurl has no limitation at all of its own in number of connections used in
that kind of scenario, so I would assume you'd run into problems when you run
out of either number of open file descriptors/sockets or when the amount of
local ports run out. Both of which can be worked-around by upping limits and
using multiple source IPs.