Re: Support for authentication DIGEST-MD5 for SMTP

From: Gokhan Sengun <gokhansengun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 08:42:09 +0200

Hello Steve,

I also had a look at your md5 code towards the end of January but due to my
> 40th I forgot to email - sorry :( Generally speaking I am happy with it,
> however, some of my style comments that I made in my previous email are
> also relevant to this code as well.

A happy new age!! I promised I would send the changes with your comments a
month ago but I had to put all libcurl related stuff on hold due to an
urgent matter I needed to take care of.

> It might also be worth someone else from the list who is more familiar
> with libcurl's cryptography code taking a look at it too.

I would suggest something similar. If someone from the list may provide the
MD5 digest interface, I can use it and we can speed things up. It is not
because I am not happy with my solution, it is because it will decrease
patch ping-pong time between Daniel and me :-)

> Are you able to resubmit your changes, incorporating the changes /
> recommendations I made in my previous email?

Yes I will try to do it in my spare time since my employer has no attention
to this feature these days :-)

> Just so you are aware, and Daniel will be able to confirm what the release
> schedule is for v7.25, but we probably have a window of about a week to get
> these changes in before the feature freeze. No rush from my perspective but
> I thought you would want to know ;-)

Thanks for the info. I think it is better if we catch up with the v7.25.

Cheers