Re: question about curl_easy_setopt()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:01:08 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012, ภ่ะกปิ wrote:

> I want to do the seek in a http file ( archive of an IPTV server based
> on HTTP ).what options I have to set with curl_easy_setopt()?

First, you need to realize that HTTP is not about files at all. You send a
request and the server sends back a response. In HTTP land there can be no
"seek" but you can ask for a particular range of the resource you're
requesting. (Although the server is also entitled to not adhere to that
request and might give you the whole thing from the beginning anyway.)

You ask for a specific range with libcurl by simply using CURLOPT_RANGE.