Help with HTTPS POST SYNX - XML POST

From: Andrew Reid <andrewa.reid_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:57:06 -0500

Hi,

Can someone help me with this HTTPS XML POST?

I am trying to post to a server using https. I get an error stating that
the file cannot be read. I am trying to use the -d option with @ in front
of the file name.

Proper syntax?

C:\curl -x proxy.xxxx.com:port -k -d @/location/filename https://x.x.x.x/

I am using the follow options:
-x for proxy specification
-k to ignore ssl cert (I have my reasons - I know this works)
-d to read data from file (using @)

My questions is about the latter. I get the warning:

Warning: Couldn't read data file
Warning: "/filelocation/filename.xml", this makes an empty
Warning: POST.

Therefore I am getting an error (expected) from the server.
Because the post is empty.

How can I post XML in the command line? Or is my syntax messed up?

With the @ where do I start with '.' to say current directory. If I do then
I don't get the warning but I still get an error from my server.

Can I write the contents of the post to a file? If so how? I want to see
what curl is sending.

Thanks.

--
Andrew A. Reid