Re: Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl for .aspx site

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 10:39:23 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012, Don wrote:

Please don't top-post.

> Thanks. Its very strange because I have no setup for older version of
> libcurl, before installing the curl-version 7.24, I made sure that
> everything is clean. I do not know what happens realy.

Sorry, but I don't believe that. You're running ubuntu according to the prompt
in your post and I would be surprised to find a somewhat recent ubuntu
installation that doesn't contain libcurl.

You downloading and using curl 7.24 then is most likely in addition to the
libcurl already in your system.

> if i do for example: curl -o "google.html" https://www.google.com i have the
> copy from the secure http. That mean curl support https or not??..

It means that curl's libcurl supports https, yes. It isn't necessarily the
same libcurl.so file that your program is using though and in fact since your
application gets that error I would say it is highly unlikely to be the same.