Re: SSL_OP_DONT_INSERT_EMPTY_FRAGMENTS commit

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 12:40:14 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 2 Feb 2012, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> As a longer term fix I could see us accepting a patch that allows a user to
> explicitly ask for diabling of this work-around.

I've received and read several more cases where people experience this
problem. I suggest we introduce a new setopt option (and corresponding command
line option) that simply switches off this work-around for those SSL libraries
that use it. CURLOPT_SSL_ALLOW_INSECURE or something like that. Possibly even
more specific like CURLOPT_SSL_NO_EMPTY_FRAGMENTS...

Opinions?