Invalid proxy settings

From: Chandrakant Bagul -ERS, HCL Tech <Chandrakant.Bagul_at_hcl.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:01:30 +0530

Hi All,

I have proxy server(Squid) with IP address of 192.168.1.12.
In my curl code I use following code to set proxy settings:
        curl_easy_setopt(pCurl, CURLOPT_PROXY, proxyAddress);
        curl_easy_setopt(pCurl, CURLOPT_PROXYPORT, port);
& check response code after execution using
          curl_easy_getinfo(pCurl, CURLINFO_RESPONSE_CODE, &respCode); //If respCode
is 200 means Internet connectivity available

I have 3 cases to test this setup
1. Incorrect proxy server address:
        If I provide proxy server address as "192.168.1.45" or "http://wrong.proxyserver.com", then
        Response code is 0, means internet connection is not available.
2. Correct Proxy server address
        If I provide proxy server address as "192.168.1.12", then
        Response code is 200, means internet connection is available.
3. Invalid proxy server address
        If I provide proxy server address as "/192.168.1.45" or "/./././", then
        Response code is 200, means internet connection is available. But
        here proxy is invalid, but still respCode return as 200.
        This is buggy situation.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue(by doing some extra checks or
something).

Thanks & regards,
Chandrakant

::DISCLAIMER::