Compression & Decompression - Encryption & Decryption support

From: sandeep a <sandeep.a.sastry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 18:47:56 +0400

Hello,

I was looking for libcurl support to do on the wire compression of files to
be uploaded (using PUT).

But when I saw the post http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2008-11/0139.html, I
understood that on the wire decompression is supported by libcurl but not
on the wire compression.

Is this still valid?

I did a lot of reading about CURLOPT_ACCEPT_ENCODING and
CURLOPT_TRANSFER_ENCODING, but I still could not understand what does
CURLOPT_TRANSFER_ENCODING do?

Is it something like, CURLOPT_TRANSFER_ENCODING will compress my HTTP body
and send it across? What exactly CURLOPT_TRANSFER_ENCODING does to my HTTP
request I send on wire. Does it zip or gzip my file and send it on wire?

Also, is there any kind of support from libcurl to do encryption and
decryption to my files that I want to upload (using PUT). Though directly
not supported, may be by compiling some library along with libcurl.

Thanks and Regards,

-Sandeep A