Re: setup Issue with libssh2 libcurl and gcc

From: <maarten_at_goeiespullen.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:10:41 +0100

Hi,

Again I burned two days getting libssh2 to work... Is there a simple
manual/ how to. I simply can not get this to work. After a lot of
attemps I decided to rollout Ubuntu again over my laptop, so more plain
then this I can not do. Here what I did. I installed a clean Ubuntu
11.10 distribution.

then downloaded the libssh2 package
./configure
make
sudo make

downloaded the sftp_write.c example and I tried to compile this with :

gcc -lssh2 -L/home/itops/Downloads/libssh2/libssh2-1.3.0/src -Wall -g
-O2 -o main sftp_write.c
sftp_write.c:28: fatal error: libssh2_config.h: No such file or
directory
compilation terminated.

Please please help me in this I want to get this working. I am busy with
a big project for my work and this will help me big time.

Regards,
Maarten