Re: DNS round-robin timeout

From: Pierre Ynard <linkfanel_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:37:46 +0100

> No. But spreading the range of timeout values used protects against a
> wider range of failures. This way, if one IP address is down, fallback
> on the next one still works, and if the host is generally slow, the
> first IP has a long enough timeout to succeed; whereas dividing the
> timeout equally makes libcurl resilient only against the former.

Come to think of it, if we don't set a shortest time limitation somehow,
we can end up opening a bunch of new connections nearly simultaneously,
just to reset them right after. That doesn't sound like very friendly
behavior; is that acceptable?

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."