Curl, NSS, and libnsspem.so

From: David Shaw <dshaw_at_jabberwocky.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:33:34 -0500

Hi,

When built with NSS, and if libnsspem.so is available, curl can handle PEM-formatted cert files. I'd like to use the "regular" NSS cert storage alone, but this is difficult as if a CA bundle is available, curl will load it, and use it in addition to the NSS DB.

I'm able to work around this behavior by passing NULL to CURLOPT_CAINFO so nothing is loaded, but this only works when I'm using libcurl. Is there some way to not load any PEM files when using the curl command line? Alternately, and perhaps even better, is there a way to disable libnsspem.so altogether (perhaps via the pkcs11.txt config file?)

Thanks,

David