Re: curl_multi_socket_action being called with same event and same action repeatedly

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:31:35 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012, sandeep a wrote:

> Most of the submitted requests will complete except a few. The reason is
> each time curl is giving me the same socket fd and same event multiple times
> (recursively)

Recursively? Are you calling curl_multi_socket_action() from within one of its
callbacks?

> and I track them (using libev for some action to occur) and again submit to
> curl using curl_multi_socket_action with the same socket fd and event. And
> curl again gives me back the same socket fd and event.
>
> Thus some of my requests are never completed.
>
> Please help me know what could be going wrong. I am completely stuck.

Well, without more specific details I can only suggest you debug the case.

If you want our help, I suggest you either provide lots of trace or log
details or ideally a fine stand-alone source code that we can build and repeat
the problem.