RE: The FTP problem that turns out to be SFTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 15:11:21 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012, Michael Lam wrote:

>> The final 79 there is the exit/return code you said was 0. Or did I
>> misunderstand?
>
> Sorry, let me clarify. Yes, that return code was from client's sftp server,
> and we never got that error again (wrong return code).

So what's the difference between your invoke that doesn't get the error and
the invoke that gets the error?

> 1) What does 79 mean, as the explanation from
> http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html is too vague.

There's also a brief (slightly different) description in the header file. It
basically is a generic SSH related error code and you need to read the error
buffer message for additional detail.

> 2) Why can't I change the permission of that folder and see if the uploading
> works, which probably isn't curl specific.

That's not a curl issue. That's a cygwin/windows/ssh server thing you need to
figure out.