Re: The FTP problem that turns out to be SFTP

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 21:56:44 +0100

Hi Michael,
Am 05.01.2012 21:08, schrieb Michael Lam:
> Yes this is an SFTP problem.
>
>> Can you please provide a short stand-alone source code example that repeats
> the bug? What libssh2 version are you using? I assume this is running on
> windows?
>
> The libssh2 version is 1.2.5 IDN-Windows-native libssh2.
This wrong; please be more careful with the info you provide. Some posts
ago you posted a part of the build.txt file whiche comes with your binary:
> version : 7.23.1 RTMP SSH2 SSL SSPI LIBZ WINIDN (64 Bit)
if you would have posted the whole file, or at least the following few
lines, we would at once have known the correct things:

version : 7.23.1 RTMP SSH2 SSL SSPI LIBZ WINIDN
requires : OpenSSL 1.0.0e DLLs (included) normaliz.dll (with Windows
Vista or higher included)
license : http://curl.haxx.se/docs/copyright.html
built by : G. Knauf <info_at_gknw.de>

curl 7.23.1 (x86_64-pc-win32) libcurl/7.23.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0e zlib/1.2.5
IDN-Windows-native libssh2/1.3.0 librtmp/2.3
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap pop3
pop3s rtmp rtsp scp sftp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate IDN Largefile NTLM SSL SSPI libz

the above lines in the file are an output from the command 'curl -V'
which we allways prefer here over anything else.
So, as you can see from that your libssh2 version xou use is 1.3.0, and
*not* 1.2.5.

> We are using c# to call the cURL exe by starting a process and pass in arguments in the same manner as a command line prompt:
thats fine, and makes things more simple: you can just post a
commandline here which demonstrates the issue, and dont need to post
your code; code is only required if you use the C API of the library,
but it appears that you use a ready-to-use compiled curl binary via
system call only. There please post a simple commandline which fails,
and add the -v option to your commandline, and post the result here;
preferredly also if possible look for a public server which you connect
to, and everyone here can re-create your use case on any platform, and
without reading C#.

thanks, G.