Re: Undefined macros in curl/curl.h

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 10:10:35 -0800

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 11:55:49AM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012, Alex Vinnik wrote:
> >curb_errors.c:169: error: ‘CURLE_OBSOLETE10’ undeclared (first use in this
> >curb_errors.c:175: error: ‘CURLE_OBSOLETE12’ undeclared (first use in this
>
> Ouch. I never thought anyone would actually refer to these names as
> they are quite clearly marked as deprecated...

The source I looked at uses the original names which are macros to the
OBSOLETE versions. The recent curl change just removed the OBSOLETE enums
but left the compatibility macros. In once sense, removing those macros
would clean the code base, but in another, leaving them makes it clear
to anyone still using them why they suddenly disappeared.

>>> Dan