Re: Weird telnet file handling

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 22:42:14 -0800

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 11:35:39AM +0000, Colin Hogben wrote:
> Add simple telnet tests which (ab)use the http server.

:-)

> +<keywords>
> +TELNET
> +</keywords>

I'd add a "-T" or "upload" keyword to highlight what's being tested.

> +# Client-side
> +<client>
> +<server>
> +http
> +</server>

This needs a section:

<features>
telnet
</features>

to ensure that the tests aren't run when telnet support is disabled.

> + <name>
> +TELNET to HTTP server
> + </name>
> +<stdin>
> +GET /we/want/1322 HTTP/1.0
> +
> +</stdin>
> + <command>
> +telnet://%HOSTIP:%HTTPPORT
> +</command>
> +</client>
> +
> +#
> +# Verify data after the test has been "shot"
> +<verify>
> +<protocol>
> +GET /we/want/1322 HTTP/1.0
> +
> +</protocol>

I must admit, this is a great hack. It can always be fixed to use a real
telnet server later if we ever get one in the test harness.

> + <name>
> +TELNET check for bogus file handling in curl <= 7.23.1
> + </name>

This name won't really be meaningful a year from now. Better would be
something like:

  TELNET check of upload with stdout redirected

>>> Dan