Re: cannot find -lcurl

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 00:36:21 -0800

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 04:03:11PM +0800, Gabriel wrote:
> I think this problem maybe the tool I used to cross compile . So I
> changed to use gcc to compile the rtsp.c ,but another trouble frustrated me.
>
> rtsp.c: In function ¡®rtsp_options¡¯:
> rtsp.c:75: error: ¡®CURLOPT_RTSP_STREAM_URI¡¯ undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> rtsp.c:75: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> rtsp.c:75: error: for each function it appears in.)
[...]
> and when I search CURLOPT_RTSP_STREAM_URI in curl.h , I even couldn't
> find it . I have already install the latest version. what a frustrating
> thing this is.

The CURLOPT definitions are created by a macro, so you won't find that
exact string in curl.h. This problem is most commonly caused by having
several copies of libcurl on the system and the compiler picking up
the wrong one. Check the -I options on your compiler command-line to
make sure that it's picking up the version of libcurl that you're
interested in. Then, do the same with the -L options to make sure your
app links against the correct version of the library, too.

>>> Dan