Re: PNG Image resolution

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 23:55:14 -0800

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 10:29:44PM -0500, Robert Ingoglia wrote:
> I am very new to all of this, but if you fine folks would tolerate a â
> newbie,â I would be most appreciative.

Welcome!

> To be very brief, I wrote my very first cURL script within a php file and
> uploaded it to my website:

You should note that this mailing list is for users of the C libcurl
binding, not PHP. Try the curl-and-php list in the future.

> However, when I modify the name of the url (so that a grapic file with a png
> extension is â pointed toâ ):
>
> <?php
> $curl = curl_init();
> curl_setopt ($curl, CURLOPT_URL, " http://water.weather.gov/resources/
> hydrographs/lodn4_hg.png");
> curl_exec ($curl);
> curl_close ($curl);
> ?>
>
> â ¦The picture does not show up (as a picture) but as gibberish:

That's because a PNG image contains binary data, not text, and depending
on the web server configuration, it will probably send a text/html
Content-Type for the page unless specified otherwise. Try adding the line:

header ("Content-Type: image/png");

somewhere before the curl_exec call and it should solve the problem.

>>> Dan