RE: POP3 not using same connection for multiple requests when using starttls

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:10:18 +0000

Hi Daniel,

> > > Does that mean if a user sets the SSL value to CONTROL or ALL and
> > > the SMTP /
> > > POP3 / IMAP server doesn't support the upgrading of connections via
> > > TLS that the connection will fail?
> >
> > Yes, exactly! SSL or die.
>
> To pick this thread back up...

We've not spoken about this issue for a couple of weeks but in the meantime
I have a fix in my local version of libcurl that I am using for the projects
I am working on which seems to be working well.

Given this, I have created the attached patch for your (and everyone else's)
feedback.

Kind Regards

Steve