Re: Progress function trigger time

From: Rob Ward <rob_at_rob-ward.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:13:56 +0000

On 30 November 2011 16:00, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Nov 2011, Rob Ward wrote:
>
> I'm wondering it this is a worthwhile piece of code to add as an example
>> application(needs tidying obviously), does anyone have an opinion on this?
>>

> To me this kind of operation is so obvious, but I guess I'm not the right
> person to ask.
>
> Perhaps the timing logic should simply be inserted into the existing
> progress callback example[*] rather than making us have two very similar
> examples?
>
> [*] = http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/**progressfunc.html<http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/progressfunc.html>
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

I would have thought that a time counter is an obvious solution however
maybe using the curl time isn't? It may very well be suitable to add it
directly into the Progress example, this would then also show how to use
the transaction timing as well. If that is OK and what's desired I can make
a patch that adds it.

Cheers,

Rob