Re: Active FTP failures while lacking available file handles

From: Gokhan Sengun <gokhansengun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:21:13 +0200

> FTP server could not appreciate the failure in opening the data
>> connection, therefore sending file content (of course it gets a RST from
>> the client), it also sends "226 Transfer OK" from ctrl connection. Or FTP
>> server appreciates the failure and sends "421 xxx" regarding the failure.
>>
>> Since curl does not read the "last" message from the control connection
>>

> Right, that is what bug #3429299 basically is about. I've had a look, and
> an annoying detail is that Curl_socket_ready() currently can't wait for
> READ on two sockets simultaneously so it needs to be modified somehow
> first. Then of course we need to implement code that actually acts when the
> control connection gets data when libcurl expects the data connection to
> connect.

Agreed, you are looking for a general solution but I lack for now.

Regarding bug #3429299, I noticed another problem.

when server replies with

150 Opening data channel for file transfer.
425 Can't open data connection.

Most of the time, curl is disposing message 425. I have not debug it yet so
do not have an idea who eats the message.

Any idea to help me debug this one?

Thanks.