RE: Problem with Curl_pop3_write() when data is received over multiple packets

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 21:59:43 +0000

Hi Dan,

> I took a stab at fixing it some months ago and came up with the
> attached patch as . first attempt. It's pretty ugly, but it at least
> allows this test case to pass.

Ta for that Dan - that at least gets be going and I will take a more detail
look at it in the morning.

> Agreed. It looked to me like doing some buffering in the ping-ping
> layer would be the best way to fix it, but I didn't have time to
> implement that.

That sounds complicated :(

> Buffering incoming data there until enough has been received to
> do a comparison should make the detection logic much cleaner
> in the POP-3 code.

Yep - I guess we only need to buffer 5 bytes worth rather than keeping the
whole of the previous packet.

I must admit I am struggling for time myself at the moment and I still have
outstanding libcurl patches to do:

* SMTP "MAIL AUTH" to finish off (Docs and test case wise - I have the other
code patches here waiting to be submitted)
* I've still not come up with a final solution to pop3 to pop3s TLS upgrade
issue not reusing connections
* I want to add support to POP3 for DELE, UIDL and TOP commands ;-)
* And now this...

What have I let myself in for? ;-)

Kind Regards

S.