Re: FTP Mode Z

From: Jonas Schnelli <jonas.schnelli_at_include7.ch>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 20:04:10 +0100

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2011, Maninder Singh Suri wrote:
>
>> Does libcurl support FTP Mode Z compression? I've searched around but haven't been able to find anything of relevance.
>
> No it doesn't. Patches are welcome! :-)

Hmm...
I think FTP Mode Z makes not much sense to implements.

A) As far as I know there's no RFC for that. Only a expired draft: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/63/IDs/draft-preston-ftpext-deflate-03.txt

B) my know how would tell me, that deflating is not possible on FTP TLS/SSL. Or am i wrong?
TLS/SSL also deflate data. So, better switch to a secure FTP version.

And how about the future of the plaintext insecure FTP?

</jonas>