RE: help: libCURL with epoll

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 00:09:46 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011, Kopparapu, Sangeeta (GE Healthcare, consultant) wrote:

>> When you use plain IP addresses there is no name resolving involved, so the
>> theories we had around that were wrong!
>
> In that case, can I build libCURL to not to use name resolution?

It doesn't resolve any names when you use IP addresses only. You cannot
completely build without name resolving abilities but as you don't use it, it
won't hamper your performance - with the minor detail that if you built to use
c-ares you have the c-ares init going on when you create a new easy handle.