Re: query part for non-HTTP(S) URLs

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:04:56 +0100

Am 21.11.2011 14:06, schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011, Jonas Schnelli wrote:
>
>>> I can only think of HTTP and HTTPS of the protocols we support that
>>> use the query part, so a proper fix of libcurl would be to cut off
>>> that part for all other protocols - and of course to write test cases
>>> that verify that it behaves correctly.
>>
>> But are you def. sure that we can drop the chars after "?" on every
>> protocol except than HTTP and HTTPS?
>
> Yes. Of course someone might come prove me wrong at a later point in
> time, but so far I've not come to think of any other protocol we support
> that uses them.
what about LDAP(S) ?
http://curl.haxx.se/rfc/rfc2255.txt
and quote from http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manual.html:

To show you an example, this is now I can get all people from my local
LDAP server that has a certain sub-domain in their email address:
     curl -B "ldap://ldap.frontec.se/o=frontec??sub?mail=*sth.frontec.se"

Gün.