hang on curl_easy_perform when network cable is unplugged and plugged

From: Сергей Писклов <pisklovs_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 21:19:43 +0400

Hello!

I use curl 7.19.7 and have faced with the following problem: when I download data from a http server and unplug network cable curl stops downloading - its ok, but when I plug cable curl resumes downloading after some time or doesn't and as result program hangs on curl_easy_preform.

If I unplug cable for serveral seconds curl resumes downloading, but if I unplug for > 1 min curl does not resume. Connection timeout set to 3 secs.

Why curl does not resume downloading in that moment when cable was plugged?