RE: socket error with NTLM auth proxy and multi interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 19:44:43 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011, Pingzhong Li wrote:

> With this change, actually all the tests passed except 504 which would be
> same as before my change.
>
> I am sure that code is there for a reason. So is my change ok here? I don't
> really understand the logic here. Maybe it would be needed on other platform
> than Windows?

Sorry for the slowness in my end on this thread.

I'm reluctant to change this without a proper test case that first proves that
this is an actual problem.

The logic here (in the code) is that if data is sent during the NTLM
"negoatiation phase", then certainly it needs to be rewound and resent again?
If the application uses the easy or the multi interface for this shouldn't
matter and adding a check for it seems like the wrong thing to me.

I don't see how rewinding can be wrong. Can you?