Re: download thread hung in poll()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 20:02:03 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011, Alex Loukissas wrote:

>> So there's also some kind of mutex or semaphore action going on there I
>> assume?
>
> So far the readData function has no locking. From what I understand, this
> seems to be the root of the problem.

libcurl has no locking but then libcurl does nothing by itself that needs to
get locked. You however said that your function that is called by multiple
threads do:

     CURL* handle = get a handle from a pool of handles,

If this pool isn't per-thread, you need to protect it, and hence I assumed a
lock somewhere. It could be a bad assumption on my part.