Question on POP3 usage in libcurl

From: <mushubi_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 17:50:22 +0000

Do I rely on curl_easy_perform() to do all the operations inside a POP3 transaction?
I notice that when you call the function the first time it negotiates the login then sends LIST and returns the
list of messages by their ids then sends QUIT.
But obviously I am interested in not just the message list but the messages themselves.
How do I re-start the transaction, or rather tell libcurl not to terminate the transaction until I have retrieved the actual messages.In other words, I need to find a way to send command RETR <id> as per POP3 RF1939 based on the result from LIST.
paschal